Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the Western & Southern Open! Volunteers are a vital part of our tournament.
The information below outlines all information as it relates to volunteering and the online registration process. Please also remember to refer a friend to volunteer...the tournament could use more ambassadors like yourself to be a part of our team.
| Being a volunteer requires hard work, dedication, and commitment. As a volunteer you will be required to:
- Work a minimum of five shifts.
- Report to your assigned shift at least 15 minutes prior to your shift start time.
- Be available for training and uniform pick-up at the Volunteer Party to be held at the tournament site, July 27, 2013, from 9:00am-1pm or make arrangements with your chairperson to pick up your information packet and uniform prior to your first shift.
- Follow all rules and guidelines set forth by the tournament.
- Be a goodwill ambassador for the tournament while on and off duty.
There are 35 committees that make up the volunteer system. Click here to see a list of all available volunteer positions and a description of each.
|Volunteering has benefits! Not only will you get the personal pride and excitement of being involved with the tournament, you also will receive the following benefits:
Qualifier Level – Work 5-6 shifts you receive:
- Two tournament volunteer collared shirts and one hat by adidas.
- Exclusive souvenir volunteer pin.
- Two tickets to Qualifier session, Saturday, August 10.
- Access to the Volunteer lounge area which includes complimentary light snacks and refreshments.
- The right to purchase discounted meal allowance cards.
- Complimentary volunteer parking in a dedicated area.
- Volunteer picture credential
- Discount in the merchandise tent during the volunteer sale held on Finals Sunday, August 18 (up to 50% off - you must be in uniform with your credential). Time TBD.
- Opportunity to pre-order plants from the plant sale.
- On court recognition (date to be determined) for volunteers reaching their 20th, 25th, and 30th year anniversary.
Main Draw Level - Work 7 or more shifts and receive all benefits in the Qualifier Level plus:
- Two tickets to the evening session (Session 5) on Monday, August 12, 2013
Finalist Level - Work 8 or more shifts and receive all benefits above plus:
- Volunteer exclusive tournament logo large umbrella (available in volunteer office after 8th shift)
- A free $10 meal allowance card
Questions? Please contact Mary Conner, Volunteer Coordinator, at 513-665-3822 or firstname.lastname@example.org.